Thick & Chewy Double Chocolate cookies are filled with pecans and homemade salted caramel these Turtle Cookies are extra special! Extra large these bakery style cookies are wonderful and great for a bake sale!
So I knew come January 1st, all my new years resolutions would be in effect. Just kidding, New Year’s day falls on a Friday who the hell is going to start then? Not me! Maybe January 4, 2016, I will start. That’s what I thought anyway.
Well, I don’t do good with strict rules. So I went to boot camp last week 4 times and I cut back on some things. But I didn’t cut back completely. Because that is just not realistic. And I am all about starting the new year with a realistic outlook on food.
People sometimes say you should not live to eat but eat to live. I don’t. Clearly. Look at all these salted caramels!
I live at home with 4 other chocoholics. And 3 other bakeoholics, my mom, and two sisters. My house is a constant scene for lots of treats. My dad doesn’t eat much of it. But you know when dad comments on a baked good, you’ve found a winner.
Yes, you guessed it, my dad loved these cookies. So for me, that’s a stamp of approval. But really who doesn’t love a thick chocolate cookie filled with LOTS of chocolate chunks, toasted pecans and drizzled with salted caramel.
Due to the caramel, you don’t really want to stack them so I think it’s best to just eat them all right away, while they are still warm. And if you’re feeling fancy maybe a scoop of vanilla ice cream? Ugh, love.
I used cold butter and cold eggs, so the mixture is lumpy but it’s supposed to be. Then when they bake the butter is just everywhere, the cookies are thick and more crumbly like than chewy.Print
Thick & Chewy Double Chocolate cookies are filled with pecans and homemade salted caramel these Turtle Cookies are extra special!
- 1 Cup of Unsalted Butter (2 Sticks), cold
- 3/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, cold
- 1 tbsp Real Vanilla Extract
- 1 2/3 cup AP Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Milk Powder
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- 2/3 cup Chopped Toasted Pecans
- 3/4 cup Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce .
- Cut the butter into small chunks and mix in a mixing bowl. Mix until butter has come together into a one piece again. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating on medium speed. Add vanilla and beat mixture for another minute. The mixture will be lumpy.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cornstarch and milk powder.
- Slowly add the dry mixture and as the dry mixture is half mixed in add the chocolate and pecans.
- Using a large cookie/ ice cream scoop the batter into balls on a parchment lined baking sheet or plastic container. Chill the cookies for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F and place cookies on a silpat (affiliate link) lined baking sheet. Bake for 14-17 minutes.
- Cool cookies 5-10 minutes then drizzle homemade salted caramel sauce on top. Store in an airtight container
Keywords: chocolate caramel cookies, turtle dessert recipes