The other day I was going to a girls Valentines Day party. I made cupcakes but wanted some cookies too. I almost made my version of Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies but I wanted something new, something different. This is how OTT cookies were born.
Over The Top Cookies!
These cookies are that. Brown butter, milk chocolate chips, corn flakes, caramel bits, M&Ms and swirls of peanut butter.
I am not a huge peanut butter fan and most cookies that have peanut butter in them are chock full of peanut butter flavor. These have hints of peanut butter but it is not over powering. Perfect for me 🙂
I used Valentine colored M&M’s but obvi you could use any color of M&M’s any time of the year! 🙂
I pressed the M&M’s into the dough after the dough was rolled out and put on the baking sheet.
You will enjoy these over the top cookies 🙂
Happy Valentine’s Day! Hope you all have a fabulous & magical day!Print
OTT (over the top) cookies have it all! Brown Butter, Chocolate, Corn Flakes, Caramel, Peanut Butter, Chewy, Moist these OTT cookies have EVERYTHING!
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter + 2 tbsp
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 7 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1/2 cup caramel bits
- 1/2 cup M&M’s
- In a medium bowl combine oat flour, all purpose flour, cornstarch and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan cook the butter except for 2 tbsp. Brown the butter- cook it on medium low until it turns a caramel brown color. You will begin to smell a nutty aroma.
- Once butter is browned pour into a mixing bowl, add remaining 2 tbsp butter. Let the mixture sit for 3-4 minutes until all butter is completely melted.
- Add dark brown sugar, granulated sugar and salt. Once fully combined mix in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Mix for 3 minutes.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture once about 3/4 combined add in 7 tbsp in different parts of the dough and finish mixing the dough.
- Stir in chocolate chips, corn flakes and caramel bits. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F and if using line your baking sheet with a silpat (affiliate link) liner.
- Scoop dough into mounds and press M&M’s into the top.
- Cook for 8-11 minutes. Mine cooked for exactly 10 minutes each batch.
- Let cool and devour!
Keywords: brown butter cookie recipe, everything but the kitchen sink dessert