Creamy Oreo Cheesecake topped with Chocolate Ganache, fresh whipped cream and a sprinkling of Oreos you will love this recipe for an Oreo Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache. The perfect make ahead birthday cake!
If you know me, you know me and chocolate are soul mates. Chocolate is my numba one. My lovah. My best friend…. you get the picture.
And the only shake I ever get is an Oreo Cookie Shake and Jack in the Box has the best ones. Unfortunately I hardly ever treat myself to one. But damn every time I do I am in heaven. Seriously go get one.
You’d think with my cheesecake obsession that I would have had an Oreo cheesecake before? Well no, I hadn’t. As my friend Hayley said this was the best cheesecake so far. It really was.
The creamy cheesecake, the chocolate ganache, fresh whipped cream and crunch of the Oreos really put the cheesecake in its own league.
Like any cheesecake you must be patient, it’s not a dessert you whack together in 30 minutes. But it is so worth the wait. I always make my cheesecakes the day before I want to serve them. Chilling the cheesecake over night ensures the best end result, in my opinion.
I know you have an Oreo lover in your life. Make this Oreo Cheesecake for them. You will be forever their favorite person. This is decadance in its finest form.
These are a few things I always do when baking a cheesecake:
- Room temperature Cream Cheese, NEVER use cold cream cheese
- Bake my Cheesecake in a Springform Pan
- Place the Springform Pan in a Large Round Cake Tin
- Place the Cake Tin in a Roasting Pan and fill it with hot water, stopping halfway up the side of the cake tin
- When about the inner 2 inch diameter of the cheesecake is jiggly and the rest is set I turn the oven off and let the Cheesecake rest in the oven for 1 hour
- Take Cake Pan out of Roasting pan and let Cheesecake cool further on a wire rack for one hour
- Wrap in plastic wrap and let the cheesecake chill overnight or minimum of 8 hours
- When cutting the cheesecake to serve always have a hot cloth near by to wipe the knife clean after each cut
Please let me know if you make this Oreo Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache!Print
Creamy Oreo Cheesecake topped with Chocolate Ganache, fresh whipped cream and a sprinkling of Oreos you will love this recipe for an Oreo Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache.
- 12oz Oreos, completely crushed into a crumb
- 3 Tablespoon Butter, melted
- 675 Grams (24oz) Cream Cheese, very soft at room temp.
- 220 Grams (1 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 139 Grams (1/2 heaping cup) Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 77 Grams (1/3 Cup) Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Vanilla Bean Pods (cut in half and the caviar extracted with a knife)
- 3 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 5oz Oreos, crushed with some larger pieces
- 8oz Dark Chocolate Finely Chopped
- 4oz Heavy Cream
- 8.4 ounces (1 Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Milk Powder
- 2oz Oreos, crushed
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan set aside. Preheat oven to 325F. In a food processor, crush the Oreos till they become a fine crumb. Add melted butter, stirring until fully combined. Press into bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan. Place in fridge while you make the cheesecake.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium to high speed. Add granulated sugar and beat for another 3 minutes. Add heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla extract, vanilla bean caviar mixing until fully combined. Add in eggs one at a time. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Gently fold in crushed Oreos. Pour into prepared pan. Place 9-inch springform pan in a 10-inch cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan and fill roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don’t have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 70 to 80 minutes, the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. Turn oven off and let cool in oven for 1 hour then take out of roasting pan and wrap with plastic wrap. Let sit in the fridge overnight.
- In a medium bowl add chopped chocolate and set aside. In a small saucepan add cream and cook until just boiled. Pour directly over chocolate, let sit for 3 minutes. Then using a whisk, mix the chocolate and cream until a silky texture. Pour over chilled cheesecake then put back in the fridge to set.
- When ready to serve Cheesecake, take your bowl and whisk attachment to the mixer chill it in the freezer for 5 minutes. When ready whisk heavy cream for 1 minute, add a splash of vanilla and milk powder. Whisk until stiff peaks form. Using a pastry bag and any tip you like to pipe the whipped cream around the edges of the cake, I like to pipe mine pretty high. Then crumble crushed Oreos on top. To serve use a hot clean knife cut slices of cheesecake. Store in fridge.
*Total Time includes Chill Time