Spicy and Moist this Oat Flour Pumpkin Bread is delicious if you want to make it even better add the maple glaze. This easy quick bread is perfect for your morning cup of coffee, an afternoon treat or a midnight snack! You will love this delicious recipe!
So this one time I made this amazing Oat Flour Pumpkin Bread, my sister and I fell in love with it.
It was so moist, perfectly spiced and full of pumpkin flavor, not too oaty, and the maple glaze.. to die!
Then I went outside to snap a few pics, I tripped and it went everywhere. I also cut myself twice at work that day and the phone lines went down and I got a call for some credit card fraud. It was a great day, until my beloved Oat Flour Pumpkin bread fell all over the floor.
Luckily I had about 2 1/2 slices in the kitchen to take a few snaps but no whole loaf shots and not much gorgeous Oat Flour Pumpkin Bread for me to devour.
I am a clutz. It’s a fact. I run into things, I fall over, I spill, I know my balance is not the best. Okay it’s not good at all. In the past, I have dropped baked goods, and it is heartbreaking every time. Luckily I made this, taste it and then went to photograph it. I will be making this again, shortly. I just need a little bit of time, and right now its hard to come by, busy bee is my name!
The inspiration for this bread was from my oat flour banana bread, it has been one of my most viewed pages and one of my personal favorites. The oat flour is so easy to make, all you literally do is blend oats till they resemble a flour-like texture. The oats create a beautiful depth of flavor in the bread.
I hope you give this recipe a try, we loved it and will make Oat Flour Pumpkin bread over and over again. The maple glaze is not necessary, but it so is necessary!! I just love maple and pumpkin like here and here and just wait until next week another maple pumpkin recipe I have planned!!
Spicy and Moist this Oat Flour Pumpkin Bread is delicious, if you want to make it even better add the maple glaze. This easy quick bread is perfect for your morning cup of coffee, an afternoon treat or a midnight snack! You will love this delicious recipe!
- 1 stick/ 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 cups oat flour (Blend 1 3/4 cup old fashioned oats until flour)
- 1 TSP baking soda
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/ 2 cup / roughly1 individual container of Greek Yogurt Plain or Vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
Maple Glaze (Optional)
- 1 heaping cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- Melt butter. In a large bowl mix together the butter and sugar. Then add eggs and vanilla. Mix in oat flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Fold in greek yogurt and pumpkin into the flour mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Of course always check with a toothpick to make sure it is fully cooked. Or a knife if you want to reach the bottom.
Optional Maple Glaze
- In a small bowl mix together powdered sugar, maple syrup, maple extract and hot water. If too thin add a tsp of water at a time to reach desired consistency. Drizzle on top of bread.