Guinness Chocolate Cookies are a perfect combination, these cookies are the perfect treat for your St. Patricks Party! Guinness is cooked down to create a concentrated flavor helping make a delicious Guinness Chocolate cookie!
DAMMMMMMMN these cookies are for chocolate lovaaahhs! So if you don’t love chocolate get the HELLLL OUT! I’m only joking 😉 but go check out these cookies or something. But at least make these for St. Patricks Day!
Anyways back to these Guinness Chocolate Cookies. Well, first of all, they have Guinness in them. So, of course, they win right off the bat, cookies, and booze! And for those of you who have never baked with Guinness before it doesn’t make the baked good taste like Guinness it just really intensifies the chocolate flavor. It’s like the real deal for chocolate lovers. AKA me!
But because I am not a dark chocolate lover, I stick to milk most of the time, I had to through some milk chocolate chunks in there too. I mean come on look at that chocolate meltiness going up in that cookie. It’s outrageously finger lickin good.
So there is cocoa powder, dark chocolate chips, and milk chocolate chunks AND reduced Guinness so the chocolateness is redic. You chill this dough but hey I almost like dough that you chill better because who doesn’t just love taking dough straight out of the fridge to bake? That’s why the store bought dough is the best! But this is better none of that junk you cannot pronounce.
I have a feeling these cookies would be fantastic with a scoop of ice cream, not speaking from experience or anything. On that note I might need to make these again for Paddy’s…
Fancy some more boozy recipes?
- Guinness Gingerbread Cake Recipe
- Guinness Chocolate Brownies Baileys Cream Cheese Frosting
- Baileys Mint Truffles
- Baileys Tres Leches Cake
- Boozy Chocolate Tart
Please let me know if you make these Guinness Chocolate Cookies and leave a review below!
*New photos added 03/18Print
Guinness & Chocolate are a perfect combination, these cookies are the perfect treat for your St. Patricks Party!
- 1 11.2oz bottle of Guinness
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a saucepan over medium heat cook the Guinness and brown sugar together for 15-20 minutes. The mixture will reduce to 1/3 cup. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat butter for 2 minutes, add sugars and beat for another 4 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla mix for 2-3 minutes until fully incorporated. Mix in Guinness mixture.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, until just combined. Fold in chocolate and let chill for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Preheat to 350F and line a baking sheet with Silpat (affiliate link) liner, if using. Using a medium cookie scoop (affiliate link) pace a heaping scoop (2 tbsp) of dough on the sheet and place more chocolate on top of each dough for looks if you want. Bake for 9 minutes, the dough will be just set but take out of the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
Keywords: boozy baking, boozy cookies, guinness chocolate, guinness cookies, double chocolate cookies