I WENT SCUBA DIVING!! Sorry for all the caps but seriously I am amazed at myself. You see, I do not like going far into the ocean when I cannot stand because I like to be in control and the ocean you are so not in control. So the fact that I went is freaking amazing.
Also, I went TWICE!
I was in The Great Barrier Reef so I HAD to scuba dive right? That’s what I was telling myself and it worked. And of course thanks to my amazing instructor, Jake, from The Atlantic Clipper Boat I was on. He was so helpful and made me feel comfortable.
The colors in the Reef are unreal. It really is like Finding Nemo- everything is so rich and vibrant. I was amazed. I originally told Jake I was going to hold on to him the whole time and that we would be besties by the time this was over but then when we were down there I was like let go of me I want to explore! LOL he was so confused!
Then the second day there was a second dive and me and my sister looked at each other like YOLO let’s do it again!! And so glad we did. We were able to touch, hug and kiss a huge fish they call “Elvis” and also found Nemo!!
I was loved scuba diving and can’t wait to do it again? Have you ever Scuba Dived?
These lemon cookies were a pleasant surprise for me, I feel in love. They are soft, chewy, thin cookies that I literally could not stop eating. I made some with white chocolate chips but felt the cookies were perfect without the chocolate chips, but totally up to you!
Please let me know if you make this Chewy Lemon Cookies Recipe!Print
Extra chewy, these thin cookies are bursting with lemon flavor. You will devour these Chewy Lemon Cookies. Filled with white chocolate chips. Perfect for those who don’t want a chocolate cookie!
- 1 1/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small box lemon pudding
- 14 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- Zest of one small lemon
- Juice of one small lemon
- Optional: 3/4 cup White Chocolate Chips
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt and pudding mix together and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Add in lemon extract then egg and egg yolk mix until fully combined, about 3 minutes. Add in zest and juice of lemon, mix until fully combined, mixture will be wet.
- Mix in the flour mixture until fully combined. Fold in white chocolate chips if using.
- Either cover with plastic wrap and chill in bowl inside the fridge for 2 hours or scoop out the balls and place on a flat sheet, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours. ( I prefer scooping the dough out before chilling)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a silpt liner, if using. If you have already scoped the dough then just place dough balls on sheet or roll out dough into 3 tbsp size balls. I use a cookie scoop to create uniform cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Mine baked for 11 minutes exactly, you want the dough to be set but still shiny, this creates a chewier soft cookie. Cook longer if you like a more crunchy cookie. Store in an airtight container.
I originally made some cookies with the white chocolate chips but I prefer the cookies without the white chocolate chips.