Oreo cookie crust, Guinness & Dorda Double Chocolate Liqueur Filling, Dorda Double Chocolate Liqueur Whipped Cream, and Salted Caramel make this Boozy Chocolate Tart one you won’t be able to say no to!!
SOOOO tonight I saw Michael Buble in concert let me just say OH MY FREAKING GOSH THAT CONCERT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I literally cried while listening to some of the songs. I have been itching to see him for years but there was always some sort of conflict. This year my sisters and I bought 2 tickets for our parents as their Christmas present. But my mom was sick and my dad wouldn’t go without her so my sisters were going to go. But, naturally I wanted to go as well but I had work. Well, I asked around got my shift covered but was not sure if we could get another ticket.
Luckily my sisters best friend works in the box office of this venue and pulled a few strings and viola I had a ticket!!! Naturally, I bought some baked goods to the ticket office as a thank you, it’s what us bakers do- thank people with food! LOL
We got our tickets and we had 5th row!!!!! Seriously haven’t been this close since I saw the Spice Girls reunion tour a few years ago. I cannot speak highly enough of how Michael Buble interacted with the audience and he also kind of took everyones breath away, what a talented guy!!! If you ever get the chance to go see him, do it, so worth the money. I felt sad that my parents couldn’t go because they LOOOVE him as much as we do… guess it looks like more Buble tickets will be bought next time he is in town!! I cannot wait to see him again!!!
Anyways this tart, it’s boozy!! As in if you don’t like the taste of alochol it ain’t for you!! This tart was delicious!! I devoured it and also took some to work to share because I am nice like that 😉 Seriously though, Oreo cookie crust, alcohol, chocolate and salted caramel- that is some of the best ingredients ever so it has to be good!!!
I hope you give this Boozy Chocolate Tart a try, perfect for an adult Christmas party!!
Please let me know if you try this Boozy Chocolate Tart Recipe by leaving a review below!Print
Oreo cookie crust, Guinness & Dorda Double Chocolate Liqueur Filling, Dorda Double Chocolate Liqueur Whipped Cream and Salted Caramel make this Boozy Chocolate Tart one you won’t be able to say no to!!
- 22 Oreo Cookies, finely ground
- 2oz (4 tbsp) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 8oz (1 cup) Guinness Stout, cooked down to 4oz (1/2 cup)
- 4oz (1/2 cup) Whole Milk
- 6oz (3/4 cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2oz (1/4 cup) Dorda Double Chocolate Liqueur
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 ounces/ 1/4 cup good bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 8oz (1 cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4oz (1/2 cup) Dorda Double Chocolate Liqueur
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2oz (1/4 cup) Salted Caramel Sauce (Homemade or Store Bought)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Combine crushed Oreos and melted butter. Press into tart pan and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool on a wire rack as preparing the filling.
- In a small bowl combine cold milk and cornstarch. In a medium saucepan over medium heat whisk together the reduced Guinness, cream, Dorda Liqueur, brown sugar, cocoa powder, and milk mixture. Bring to a boil then let simmer whisking constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and whisk in chocolate and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Pour on top of Oreo crust. Place a piece of wax paper on top of filling to prevent a skin from forming. Chill for 3 hours.
Boozy Whipped Cream
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment combine whipped cream, Dorda Liqueur, and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread on top of chilled tart and drizzle with salted caramel sauce.
Recipe Adapted from Epicurious
Keywords: alcohol dessert recipes, chocolate and caramel tart