Do you ever get addcited to Netflix?! Gosh, it is SOOO dangerous. As soon as I start a show I am hooked like obsessed, its not normal. But I can’t help it. Every chance I get lunch break at work I open my laptop to watch, sitting at the bank I put my earphone in and watch on my phone, late at night I watch.. literally any spare chance I get I watch. My latest addiction?! Scandal! Damn this show is good. I should have known coming from the writer of Grey’s Anatomy.
Well two weeks later I have finished the first two seasons. But it was confusing at times because I would watch current shows on Thursdays then watch the previous seasons but then in a previous season they would look back in time so it was like I had three time periods, I kept getting confused.
Now what to watch next?! Anyone? Ideas please! Not that I have any spare time in my schedule. I am lucky really that Scandal only had two seasons or else I wouldn’t be typing this blog post right now. I would still be laying on the sofa, but I would totally be watching Scandal!!!
I’m not lying my mom just turned on netflix Mad Men but I already completed those 5 0r 6 seasons. But I did just sing along with the opening music LOL
So, these Bailey’s Mint Truffles? You need them in YO life! I popped a few too many of these. Okay all of last week I popped a few too many truffles. I had a bag of Lindt Lindor Truffles at my desk at the Santa Ana Location and a tin of Roses on my desk at the Fullerton location. Maybe thats why my face started to look like a pepperoni pizza. Truffles for breakfast, lunch and snack is probably not the best diet. #oops
Anyways back to these truffles, it was the Port Party at work last naturally I made truffles. And naturally I added booze, because booze is necessary in truffles. Well, in my world anyway.
I rolled the truffles in chocolate jimmies and in sweetened cocoa powder. I couldn’t decide which I liked better, the powder made such a smooth truffle but the sprinkles created nice combination of textures. So I ate both 🙂
These would be a perfect addition to your Christmas Party, I hope you give these Baileys Mint Truffles a go!Print
- 12 oz good quality chocolate finely chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Andes mint baking chips
- 4 tbsp Baileys Mint Liqueur
- In a double broiler or in a bowl set over a saucepan with little water over medium-low heat combine the chocolate, cream and butter. Let the mixture melt and stir until it is smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into a shallow casserole dish and let cool to room temperature, approx. 30 minutes.
- Mix in baking chips and liqueur. Cover dish with plastic wrap, place in fridge for 2 hours or let sit overnight. If you set in fridge for 2 hours then the mixture will be able to work with once taken out of fridge if you let sit overnight then take mixture out 1hr 30minutes before you plan to roll the truffles.
- Using a melon baller roll truffles to a small ball, one inch size. Roll in either jimmies or cocoa powder. Store in fridge.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
Recipe Adapted From: My Baking Addiction