This Vanilla Bean Cheesecake is irresistible, a little time and effort make this stunning cheesecake one that you will be proud to serve!
- 1 12 oz package Golden Oreos, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 vanilla bean pod, scraped
- 2 lbs cream cheese, completely softened to room temp.
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 3 vanilla bean pods, scraped
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs, at room temp.
- 2 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan set aside. Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl combine Golden Oreos butter and vanilla beans . Press into bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan. Place in fridge while you make the cheesecake.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium to high speed. Add granulated sugar and beat for another 3 minutes. Add heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla beans , lemon zest and vanilla extract- mixing until fully combined. Add in eggs one at a time. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Pour into prepared pan. Place 9-inch springform pan in a 10-inch cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan and fill roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don’t have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes, the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. Turn oven off and let cool in oven for 1 hour then take out of roasting pan and wrap with plastic wrap. Let sit in the fridge overnight.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat cook strawberries and granulated sugar. In a small bowl mix lemon juice and cornstarch together then pour into saucepan. Mix everything together and using a masher help break strawberries up, after 5 minutes of cooking take off of heat and pour into a food processor. Process strawberries until liquid. Pour sauce into a clean bowl to chill overnight in the fridge.
- The next day take the cheesecake out of the fridge and using a hot clean knife cut slices of cheesecake, pour a few tablespoons or however much you like on top of each slice of cheesecake.
**Cheesecake is best served after it has sat at room temperature for 30 minutes**
*Total Time includes Chill Time
Keywords: classic cheesecake recipe, cheesecake with strawberry sauce recipe