Chocolate.. one of the loves of my life. Meet a triple chocolate cupcake that is CHOCOLICIOUS! 🙂
I ate the batter left over from the brownie batter. As I poured out the chocolate chips I “accidentally” missed the bowl, so I ate those that fell out. I licked the bowl from the cupcake batter. I ate the tops of two cupcakes as soon as they came out of the oven. Five minutes later I took care of the rest of those two cupcakes. I tasted the frosting about 5 different times, licked that bowl and ate the leftover frosting. I have a PROBLEM!
Anyways all 3 parts are delicious on their own but together they are just scrumptious!!
*I did these cupcakes over two days but you could do the brownie batter in the early morning and do the cupcakes in 8 hours or so*
Triple Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe. Moist chocolate cupcakes filled with a brownie batter and topped with a luscious chocolate frosting. Chocolate lovers only!
1/4 Cup Melted Butter
1/3 Cup Fat-Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/3 Cup Milk
1 Box of Devils Food Cake Mix
1 Box Deviled Food Cake Mix
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
4 Eggs Beaten
1/2 Cup Milk
2 Cups Mini Chocolate Chips
4 Sticks Melted Butter
6 oz Powdered Sugar
1 Cup Cocoa Powder
Pinch of Salt
1 1/4 Cup Light Corn Syrup
2 Tsp Pure Vanilla
12 oz Milk Chocolate Chips
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine all ingredients until well mixed.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet scoop 1 tbsp sized balls of dough.
- Cover and put in the freezer overnight or at least 8 hrs.
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease and line cupcake/muffin pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine cake mix, sour cream, oil, eggs, and milk. Once well-combined scrape down bowl and stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill cupcake pan evenly 2/3rds full then place one ball of brownie batter in each cupcake.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes. Cool completely.
- Microwave chocolate chips in 30-second increments. After every 30 seconds mix chips well. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine melted butter powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer. Do not over mix, mix until just combined.
- Add corn syrup and pure vanilla.
- Stir in melted chocolate.
- Pipe/Spread/Frost the cupcakes 🙂
Recipe adapted from Kevin&Amanda
Keywords: death by chocolate cupcakes, chocolate cupcake recipe, brownie batter recipes