Homemade Roasted Banana Pudding, Fresh Whipped Cream, Homemade Salted Caramel, Fresh Bananas and Biscoff Cookies make this Deconstructed Banana Cream Pie Recipe fabulous for your next dinner party! And you can make all the individual parts ahead of time!
Textures. Anything good has many different textures. Crunchy, smooth, chewy, cake, soft, hard, fluffy, dense. This Deconstructed Banana Cream Pie dessert doesn’t fall shy of that. A thick creamy pudding, softly whipped cream, gooey salted caramel and crunchy biscuits. This is literally heaven in your mouth. As my friend said “The best thing he has ever tasted” It’s perfect. And it’s an individual dessert so even better. Sharing has never been my strong point when it comes to sweets.
Truth is, I had something similar to this out on a girls Brunch one day. There were no Biscoff Cookies used or Salted Carmel, but I do think these are fabulous additions.
So how do I make this Deconstructed Banana Cream Pie Recipe?
First of all, I often have a batch of my homemade salted caramel sauce on hand. Because salted caramel cravings strike at a moments notice! So if possible have some already made, then you’re one step closer. Then you need to make the banana pudding, which is similar to most pudding recipes from scratch after it’s made you need to chill it in the fridge. Make sure to put plastic wrap directly on the pudding so a skin does not form. After its chilled make the whipped cream, crush up some Biscoff Cookies and slice some bananas. Then pile it all together. Pudding, sliced bananas, salted caramel, whipped cream and Biscoff cookies…it’s basically heaven in your mouth. You could also sprinkle Banana Nut Granola on top instead of the cookies!
It’s perfect for a party, make all the ingredients and then assemble 5 minutes before serving. I always have salted caramel on hand, you should to. I use it all the time for drizzle on top of cheesecakes, whipping in to cookies, stuffing into brownies, you name it salted caramel fits the bill!
I hope your friends and family enjoy this Deconstructed Banana Cream Pie Recipe as much as mine did!
Craving a traditional pie? Try my:
Please let me know if you make this Deconstructed Banana Cream Pie Recipe by leaving a review below!Print
Homemade Roasted Banana Pudding, Fresh Whipped Cream, Salted Caramel, Fresh Bananas and Biscoff Cookies make this Deconstructed Banana Cream Pie Recipe
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (3/4 cup)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (or more or less) fleur de sel (sea salt)
- 2 Large Bananas
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Large Egg Yolks
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 3 Cups Half & Half
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2.5 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste
- 8–12 Biscoff Cookies
- 4 Large Bananas
- In a thick bottomed heavy saucepan cook the sugar on low-medium heat. Using a whisk the sugar frequently. The sugar will begin to turn to an amber color.
- Watch the sugar carefully as it can burn quite easily. Once it reaches 350F add all of the butter whisking quickly to combine.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in heavy cream.
- Mix in salt and let cool.
- Once cool pour into an airtight container. A mason jar, plastic container, reused spaghetti sauce jar..etc. Store in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Place 1 banana on a baking sheet and bake until fully black about 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together the 1/4 of the granulated sugar, egg yolks, and cornstarch, mixing until smooth and a pale yellow color.
- In a large over medium heat add half &half, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and salt simmer until sugar and salt are dissolved. Whisk a few tablespoons of the half&half mixture into the yolk mixture to temper the eggs. Then slowly pour the remaining egg yolk mixture into the half& half.
- Continue to cook the mixture over low- medium heat whisking constantly until the mixture is thick. Remove from heat an stir in the butter and vanilla
- Cook, whisking constantly until mixture is thick and large bubbles appear at the surface, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla bean paste .
- In a food processors add the pudding, roasted peeled banana, lemon juice, and process until smooth. Pour into a clean bowl, cover with plastic wrap so that the plastic wrap is touching the pudding. This prevents a skin from forming. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment add the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla bean paste until stiff peaks form.
- When ready to serve. Place 2 crushed Biscoff Cookies in the bottom a bowl then a large scoop of banana pudding, then a large scoop of whipped cream, fresh sliced bananas, drizzle as much as you want of salted caramel on top then finally crumble 1-2 Biscoff cookies on top.
*The Salted Caramel, Banana Pudding and Whipped Cream can be made a day in advance
**Total Time includes Chill Time
- Serving Size: 4-6 Individual Depending on how much
Keywords: deconstructed pie, banana cream pudding parfait
Banana Pudding Recipe adapted from Cooks Illustrated