Brown Butter takes Peach Crumble to the next level. Using ground up almonds as well as oats in the crumble creates a gorgeous texture against the cooked peaches and of course vanilla ice cream! This recipe for Peach Crumble for 2 is perfect for date night!
I am holding on to summer okay just the peaches for as long as I can. Bring on cold weather So Cal!
Any kind of warm dessert topped with ice cream is heaven, something about the hot with the cold. The ice cream melting, and melting into whatever dessert it is, today Brown Butter Peach Crumble, it’s just irresistible.
My number one grip at restaurants is they never serve enough ice cream for the pie, crumble, cake…etc. As a waitress I always make sure to give a nice big scoop. There’s nothing like eating a dessert and not having enough ice cream.
Needless to say at home that is not a problem, big ol ice cream scoop here I come.
And the beauty of this Brown Butter Peach Crumble for two is that it’s an easy last minute, I want something amazing, kind of dessert.
Well that is if you have butter already browned. Which I actually usually do have ready to go in the fridge. But I am kind of an addict when it comes to brown butter. Can you blame me?
Anyways back to the recipe.
In a small bowl mixed together granulated sugar and cornstarch then squeezed in half a lemon. Folded in 2 peaches, sliced into medium thin slices. Used my hands to mix the peaches into the sugar mixture, then placed them evenly between the two ramekins.
Then the crumble. I first blended Almonds in a food processor until they were broken down but still a bit chunky. Then I added four, brown sugar to that mixture, blended it for another 45 seconds or so then added the rolled oats and blended for 25 seconds or so, so that the oats were not fully broken down. Then I poured that into a big bowl and used my hands to rub in the cold brown butter.
Jaysus if you could smell thru this blog, because brown butter crumble = heaven. Sprinkled the crumble on top baked for 28 minutes or so, until that golden brown action is happen’n. Then loaded a big ol scoop of vanilla ice cream. Then I died and went to heaven.
Brown Butter takes Peach Crumble to the next level. Using ground up almonds as well as oats in the crumble creates a gorgeous texture against the cooked peaches and of course vanilla ice cream!
- (30 grams) 1/4 Cup Almonds
- (120 grams) 1/3 Heaping Cup All Purpose Flour
- (50 grams) 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- (23grams) 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 2 oz Browned Butter (cold)
- 3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- 1 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Peaches, unpeeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease two 10 oz ramekins, set aside.
- In a food processor break add almonds and process until you have only small chunks of almonds. Add flour, brown sugar and rolled oats processing again for another 20- 30 seconds, just to break the oats up a little. Add chunks of the browned butter and process until the mixture becomes like bread crumbs.
- In a clean bowl mix together cornstarch, granulated sugar and lemon juice. Gently fold in peaches trying to cover evenly with the mixture.
- Add peaches to prepared ramekin and then top with crumble.
- Bake 26-28 minutes, or until golden brown. Served best with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
One last bite…
Do you love Brown Buttah?