Homemade chocolate cupcakes are easy to make and much tastier than store-bought. Topped with a strawberry cream cheese frosting, more strawberries and a chocolate drizzle these Strawberry Chocolate cupcakes are extra special!
I find chocolate cake so much better than white/yellow cake. I guess its cuz people generally screw white/yellow cake up and chocolate is usually a safer bet. Chocolate is also, well, chocolate. And lez be honest I loooovvvaaaa me some chocolate.
And with V-DAY just around the corner, it was only natural I had chocolate on my mind. You do too, right?! Well, the truth is I always do, but this is a nice excuse to think about chocolate double the amount of time 😉
I felt like chocolate cake on Saturday, my mom walked into the kitchen saw me getting my flour out then walked in again and the cupcakes were coming out of the oven. This is a quick/easy recipe, that satisfies. I threw in mini chocolate chips in the batter, you know cuz it’s Valentines Day this week and all.
Strawberry Cream Frosting on top of these luscious chocolatey cupcakes. Hello, heaven! Seriously this frosting I could eat the whole damn bowl. I would make myself sick but I could do it, it’s that good.
What are all y’all up to on V day? I am working, but I am excited about our specials, Fresh Sea Bass with a Mango Cream Sauce and Filet Mignon in a Rich Balsamic Glaze, damn I love food!!!Print
Homemade chocolate cupcakes are easy to make and much tastier than store- bought. Topped with a strawberry cream cheese frosting, more strawberries and a chocolate drizzle these cupcakes are extra special!
- 2 eggs, at room temp.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 6 oz Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup strawberries, diced
- 1 cup chocoalte chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cupcake pan with liners.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine eggs, oil, vanilla and sour cream mix until fully combined. Add in sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Mix until fully incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour evenly into liners and bake for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with whisk attachment whisk the cream cheese, vanilla and granulated sugar for 3 minutes. While on medium-high speed slowly pour in the heavy cream, mix until the mixture is thick and creamy. Fold in strawberries. Using an ice cream scoop, place a large dollop of frosting on top of each cupcake.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate chips, do so by microwaving on 50% power for 15 second increments. Using a spoon drizzle melted chocolate on top of cupcakes. Store in fridge.
Keywords: cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberry, strawberry whipped cream, chocolate drizzle