Skinny Banana Bread
I always find myself wanting to be healthy. I think most people like that thought. But then that chocolate bar and Biscoff Spread (affiliate link) are staring at me and I find myself dunking chunks of chocolate into Biscoff Spread (affiliate link)… terrible I know. But so delicious! 🙂 Anyways lately I have been on this Banana Bread kick and I decided to try making some with greek yogurt. You know get some protein in there and get rid of some butter and sour cream and make a Healthy Banana Bread.
I began to make my banana bread. First I emptied out my oven which stores a few extra pans. Then I turned it on. Next I whipped up the banana bread. Poured it into a pan and then went to put it in the oven. Only once I put the pan in the oven it felt cold. I didn’t get that rush of heat I normally do.
So I double checked went to turn it off and on again. (That works with almost everything else) And nothing. It wasn’t lighting and I was pissed!!!
Luckily I was going into work so I was able to bake it there.
Anyways this turned out good it was SUPPPER moist. Some even said a little too moist. Maybe it should have cooked a little longer or maybe it was acting up since it was made and didnt bake for 2 hours. Who knows? Anyways all I know is that it was devoured at work and everyone loved it. Including me. I will defo make this again and next time I might even omit some sugar! AHHH scary thought for me!
4 TBSP Butter (Melted)
1/8 Cup Chobani Greek Yogurt (Vanilla)
3/4 Cup Sugar
2 TSP Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Cup of Flour
1 TSP Baking Powder
1/2 TSP Baking Soda
1/2 Cup of Chobani Greek Yogurt (Vanilla)
3 Large Bananas (Mashed)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl mix together the melted butter, greek yogurt and sugar. Once combined add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
3. Mix in flour, baking powder and soda.
4. Fold in mashed up bananas and greek yogurt. Be careful not to over mix. Just combine.
5. Bake for 1 hr 15 minutes. Or until toothpick comes out clean. (**I used a large commercial oven so my baking time might be a bit off, I would start checking at 55 minutes)