Buttery Shortbread Crust, topped with Salted Caramel, finished with chocolate and sprinkle of sea salt, this Salted Millionaire’s Shortbread Recipe is the Best!
- 6.25 ounces All-Purpose Flour
- 1.75 ounces Granulated Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 8 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- 7oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3.5oz Brown sugar
- 2oz Heavy Cream
- 2oz Light Corn Syrup
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 5.5oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate (4 oz chopped fine, 1.5 oz grated)
- Sea Salt for sprinkling on top of bars
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9X9 pan with foil so the foil overhangs.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, and salt. Add the melted butter and stir buttery is fully combined, the crumbs will be moist. Press dough into the bottom of prepared pan. Press dough to create an even layer, then use a fork to prick the dough every inch.
- Send to oven to bake for 20-25 minutes. Then let cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- In a large heavy bottom pan add condensed milk, brown sugar, heavy cream, corn syrup, and unsalted butter. Over medium heat stir often until mixture register to 236F to 240F degrees. This will take about 15- 20 minutes of stirring.
- Once the temperature is reached take off heat and add the sea salt. Then pour the caramel over the shortbread crust.
- Using a double boiler or microwave melt the first 4 oz of chocolate being careful not to burn, then add the grated chocolate to the melted chocolate. Spread chocolate over the caramel layer and sprinkle with sea salt. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes, until set. Cut into bars and store in airtight container for up to 1 week.
Keywords: dessert, bars, sweet and salty, twix recipe, british recipes, millionaires shortbread