Brown butter, salted caramel and heath bits make these Salted Caramel Snickerdoodles absolutely irresistible, you will love these!
Being in the restaurant business, Monday isn’t a dreadful day and Friday isn’t joyous day, something goes on EVERY day so sometimes I don’t even know what day I am on. I am not complaining but sometimes I giggle to myself when I have no idea what day it is, then I feel lost and confused so I yell out to someone “what day is it?” and I get an answer and a laugh.
Another thing that is constant for me is cookies, I never ever, I mean never ever ever get sick of them. How could you? And with such variety, how could you? Naturally I needed a new type of cookie so I decided to play with two cookie recipes I have previously posted, Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies and Brown Butter Snickerdoodles.
These cookies were SOOO chewy and sooo tasty! I couldn’t stop eating them, literally I took them to work to share with my co workers then got scared I wouldn’t have enough so I stole some back. Pathetic? Yes, thats me..
Make these, enjoy these, and hide them from your co workers!Print
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp cornstach
- Previously Browned Butter
- 1/2 cup salted caramel
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon plain greek yogurt/sour cream
- 1 cup Heath Bits
Cinnamon Sugary Topping
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a saucepan melt butter and “brown it”. Heat the butter on low-medium and let it melt and cook until it browns, watch carefully as it can burn quickly. Once browned set aside for 10 minutes to cool then place in fridge to solidify
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Im bowl of an electric mixer combine browned butter, salted caramel, brown sugar and 1/2 granulated sugar until mixed together. Add in egg and egg yolk. Add in vanilla and greek yogurt.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients, then fold ini Heath Bits. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- After chilling preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- In a small bowl combine granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Scoop dough to 2 tablespoons size and roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes. Take them out when they look almost done. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.