Rich, moist pumpkin muffins are filled with a cheesecake mixture and topped with pumpkin spiced pumpkin seeds. Forget Starbucks Muffins, these Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins are the only pumpkin muffin you will need this fall!
I am that basic white girl in the fall. I love pumpkin everything, from pumpkin candles to pumpkin lattes and of course pumpkin muffins! I want to wear flannels, boots, sweaters and of course a dark rich lipstick, currently loving Nars Audacious Lipstick in Fanny. The problem is here in Southern California we are STILL experiencing “summer” like weather, I am talking 95 degrees. It’s just dreadful for this basic white girl!
So as a hot pumpkin latte is delicious, I can’t handle hot drinks right now. And I cannot get away with boots or sweaters unless I want to sweat profusely (it’s not a good look).
So, I burn my pumpkin candles and bake with pumpkin.
If you’ve been on my site before you know I am obsessed with cheesecake. While I don’t mind having a slice of cheesecake for breakfast, I’m a rebel like that, I know it’s not a traditional breakfast food. But you know what is? A Muffin! So naturally, I baked cheesecake mixture right into the muffin. So sneaky!
This recipe is quick and easy. The only “hard” part is making sure your cream cheese is at room temperature. And to be honest, sometimes mine isn’t but since we are baking the cheesecake into the muffin it doesn’t really matter if its not completely smooth.
I usually cut my cream cheese into small chunks so it gets to room temp. quicker.
I am not gonna lie, these muffins disappeared! Too quickly for my liking if I am being honest. My friends, family and co workers all enjoyed!
The pumpkin seeds are optional but I think necessary. The added texture they give is amazing. You could use plain pumpkin seeds but I picked up some from Trader Joe’s, pumpkin spiced pumpkin seeds… let me tell you they are ADDICTING!!!
Rich, moist pumpkin muffins are filled with a cheesecake mixture and topped with pumpkin spiced pumpkin seeds. Forget Starbucks Muffins, this is the only pumpkin muffin you will need this fall!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp pumpking pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can pumpkin
- 2 eggs, at room temp.
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 8oz cream cheese, at room temp.
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, at room temp.
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup Pumpkin Spiced Pumpkin Seeds (Found mine at Trader Joe’s)
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease a regular sized muffin pan and mini size muffin pan , set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and and salt. Set aside,
- In a large bowl combine the sugars, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla extract and vegetable oil. Mix until fully combined. Slowly fold in the dry ingredients.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin pan , making sure to fill 3/4 of the way.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and egg and beat until smooth and fully combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into a piping bag or into a ziplock bag and snip the corner off.
- Stick the tip of the piping bag into the center of the muffin and squeeze for a few seconds.
- Top with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake at 400F for 5 minutes then reduce temperature to 350F and bake for an additional 13-15 minutes for the mini muffins and 22-25 minutes for the regular sized muffins.
Keywords: breakfast muffins, pumpkin muffins, fall recipes, fall muffins, cream cheese filled, brunch recipes, copy cat, starbucks copy cat muffin
Love Pumpkin ?