Just like pretzel chocolate chip cookies but easier and quicker. One bowl, one pan, one baking time, these bars are all the good things about cookies without all the fuss and time. Pretzel crustedm&m blondies are sweet and salty- perfect for a midnight snack. A la mode is even better!
Sometimes I do things or rather get ideas and act right away when it’s not the best idea. For example baking in this heat?! Not one of my best ideas. But I wanted a blondie, and I wanted it now!
I am happy to report that these blondies were worth having the oven on. The crunchy pretzel crust topped with a gooey cookie chock full of mini m&ms and chocolate chunks…what’s not to love? They reminded me of my Pretzel Chocolate Chunk Blondies now I want to try those blondies with a pretzel crust. Sweet and salty is a favorite of mine.
One of the reason’s I love blondies is how simple and quick they are. Don’t get me wrong I love me a good cookie. In fact, I think I more than love cookies. But sometimes rolling out individual cookies, baking multiple trays, basically, all the required work with cookies isn’t worth it. Well, it’s worth it but I don’t have time for it. That’s where blondies come in.
Melt a stick of butter, add the sugars, add the vanilla and egg. Then mix in flour, baking soda, salt and fold in whatever mix-ins you like. Pour into a pan and bake. Easy?! Yes. Quick?! Yes.
Just look at that crust?! Ugh, I want another if only I hadn’t eaten them all!!
Please let me know if you make this Pretzel Crusted M&M Blondies recipe by leaving a review below!Print
Just like pretzel chocolate chip cookies but easier and quicker. One bowl, one pan, one baking time, these bars are all the good things about cookies without all the fuss and time.Pretzel crusted these sweet and salty bars are perfect for a midnight snack. A la mode is even better 🙂
- 1 1/2 cup pretzel bits, crushed
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, at room temp
- 1 cup ap flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 scant cup chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup mini m&ms
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 8X8 baking dish with foil and grease heavily.
- In a medium bowl mix together crushed pretzels and 6 tbsp melted butter. Press into bottom of prepared pan.
- In the same bowl mix together 1/2 cup melted butter and sugars. Add in vanilla extract and egg until combined. Add flour, baking soda, salt and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chunks and M&M’s, I reserved a few to sprinkle on top of batter. Bake for 24-26 minutes, until light and golden brown.
Keywords: sweet and salty blondies, pretzel and m&m cookies