Woo hoo it my 100th post! I can’t believe I have blogged 100 times! Crazy how time flies 🙂 Anyways in honor of my 100th post I found it fitting to be one of my favorite things and a classic…Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies ! These are the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Honestly I am so happy with them and love them so much.
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with brown butter so there is a nutty & caramel hint and there is cornstarch in the batter to make them thick and puffy. And there is no chill time for this dough. Although, I think that dough chilled makes great cookies this recipe doesn’t need the extra step.
And when I want a cookie I want it now!!Print
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with brown butter, milk chocolate, cornstarch and an extra yolk to create a delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe!
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 14 tbsp unsalted butter (1 3/4 sticks)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and cornstarch together and set aside.To brown the butter cook the first 10 tbsp butter over low to medium heat. Swirl it every so often. The process will take around 5 minutes.
- Continue cooking the butter until you get a nutty aroma. The scent is nutty yet caramel-y.
- Pour the brown butter into the bowl of an electric mixer or a heatproof bowl. Mix in the last 4 tablespoons of butter. Mix until completely dissolved in the brown butter.
- Add in the vanilla, brown sugar, granulated sugar and salt. Mix until fully combined. Add egg and egg yolk mix for 3 minutes.
- Mix in the flour mixture until fully combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place dough on prepared baking sheet, I clumped my dough into 2 tbsp-ish mounds. I don’t roll the cookie dough into a ball, instead make it taller. This creates a thicker cookie
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown but still look a bit under cooked.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies recipe, no chill chocolate chip cookies
Recipe adapted from: Chocolate Chip Cookies