Creamy Cheesecake is made with cocoa powder, peppermint extract, and mocha coffee creamer and an Oreo crust. Finished with a drizzle of Candy Cane White Chocolate bars and pipped fresh whipped cream this Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake is a Christmas Dream!
I’ve been gone from the blogging world for a few weeks now, and I don’t really know how that happened. Well, I sort of do. At work we are going into the busy season… THE CHRISTMAS SEASON!! 🙂 Also known as my favorite time of year.
I have also been working out, thus trying to not eat as many sweets. And while I do admire the bloggers who can bake a ton of desserts and not eat any of them I am not one of those people. I must eat everything so I know I LOVE IT. And if I love it, well we know I have no self-control. So basically what I am saying is I have not been baking a ton.
I did bake for my best friends sisters wedding, 250 pieces and I have made a few birthday cakes but I always use my favorite cakes for birthdays, chocolate strawberry or salted caramel chocolate cake. Hey, they are great cakes that I know will turn out amazing.
But last week I made a this Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake… and OH MY GAWWWWWSH!!! TO DIE!
Cheesecake has to be my favorite thing to make. I enjoy that it’s a process but an easy process kind of like making cinnamon rolls. I like to make both the night before. It’s weirdly relaxing. And then the next day you get to devour an amazing product.
How do you make a peppermint chocolate cheesecake recipe?
This recipe starts off with a gorgeous Oreo crust. Made of crushed Oreos and melted butter, this crust recipe is easy and delicious. Press it in to a springform pan .
Next the cheesecake filling.
In the bowl of an electric mixer beat cream cheese for a few minutes on medium speed. Add in granulated sugar, beating for another minute, then add the cocoa powder until fully combined. Next add the creamer, sour cream and peppermint extract. Be careful with peppermint extract- it is very potent. Lastly, add the eggs in one at a time. Pour into your prepared pan and bake in a water bath. See below on the best way to make a water bath.
Once the cheesecake is done baking let it cool overnight.
The candy can chocolate bar drizzle is optional but in my opinion oh so necessary. And whipped cream dollops make the finishing touches. You can make fresh or used canned whipped cream.
Can this peppermint chocolate cheesecake recipe be made ahead of time?
Totally, I often bake my cheesecakes one to two days in advance. You make the cheesecake completely let it chill in the freezer for 4 hours and then wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
Tips & Tricks for Baking a Perfect Cheesecake
As always I highly suggest you take these steps to make sure you have the best cheesecake possible
- Bake your cheesecake the day before
- Baking your cheesecake the day before means it has plenty of time to chill (very necessary) and it is already made so you can focus on other party planning things!
How do I make a cheesecake with no cracks?
- Do not overwhip the cheesecake, you do not want a ton of air bubbles. Air bubbles = cracks
- When you pour the cheesecake batter into the springform pan (affiliate link) tap the tin on the counter to release any air bubbles
- Bake the Cheesecake in a Springform Pan (affiliate link) for easy release when you serve it
- Do not open the oven doors when the cheesecake is baking you want all the hot air to stay in the oven-until you turn the oven off
- Bake the cheesecake in a water bath
How do I make a water bath for cooking my cheesecake?
- Make a water bath to bake the cheesecake
- Let the cheesecake rest in the oven when baked
- When about the inner 2-inch diameter of the cheesecake is jiggly and the rest is set I turn the oven off and let the Cheesecake rest in the oven for 1 hour, I usually prop the oven door open with a wooden spoon for the last 20-30 minutes
- Cooling the cheesecake
- Take Cake Pan out of the Roasting pan (affiliate link) and let Cheesecake cool further on a wire rack for one hour
- After the cheesecake has cooled wrap it in plastic wrap and let the cheesecake chill overnight or a minimum of 6 hours
What is the best way to serve my cheesecake with clean slices?
Best way to serve cheesecake?
- When cutting the cheesecake to serve always have a hot cloth nearby to wipe the knife clean after each cut
- When serving let the cheesecake sit for 5-10 minutes before serving
Please let me know if you make this Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake by leaving a review below!Print
Creamy Cheesecake is made with cocoa powder, peppermint extract and mocha coffee creamer and an Oreo crust. Finished with a drizzle of Candy Cane White Chocolate bars and pipped fresh whipped cream this Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake is a Christmas Dream!
- 8 oz Oreos, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 16oz cream cheese, completely softened to room temp.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup sweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer or Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temp.
- Whipped Cream (homemade or store bought)
- Hersheys Candy Cane Bar, Melted
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan , set aside. Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl combine Oreos and melted butter. Press into bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan. Place in fridge while you make the cheesecake.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium to high speed. Add granulated sugar and beat for another 3 minutes the beat in cocoa powder until combined. Add in creamer, sour cream & peppermint extract mixing until fully combined. Add in eggs one at a time. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Pour into prepared pan. Place 9-inch springform pan in a 10-inch cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan and fill roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don’t have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until the middle of the cheesecake, should jiggle just a little bit. Turn oven off and let cool in oven for 1 hour then take out of roasting pan and wrap with plastic wrap. Let sit in the fridge overnight.
- The next day take the cheesecake out of the fridge and using a hot clean knife cut slices of cheesecake.
- Drizzle melted Hershey’s Candy Cane Chocolate Bar over cheesecake. Squirt whipped cream in dollops around edge of cheesecake.
- Store in fridge in a sealed container for up to 8 days.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
Keywords: chocolate peppermint recipes, cheesecake with oreo crust