I’ve been gone from the blogging world for a few weeks now, and I don’t really know how that happened. Well, I sort of do. At workwe are going into the busy season… THE CHRISTMAS SEASON!! 🙂 Also known as my favorite time of year.
I have also been working out, thus trying to not eat as many sweets. And while I do admire the bloggers who can bake a ton of desserts and not eat any of them I am not one of those people. I must eat everything so I know I LOVE IT. And if I love it, well we know I have no self control. So basically what I am saying is I have not been baking a ton.
I did bake for my best friends sisters wedding, 250 pieces and I have made a few birthday cakes but I always use my favorite cakes for birthdays, chocolate strawberry or salted caramel chocolate cake. Hey, they are great cakes that I know will turn out amazing.
But last week I made a this Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake… and OH MY GAWWWWWSH!!! TO DIE!
Cheesecake has to be my favorite thing to make. I enjoy that it’s a process but an easy process kind of like making cinnamon rolls. I like to make both the night before. It’s weirdly relaxing. And then the next day you get to devour an amazing product.
- 8 oz Oreos, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 16oz cream cheese, completely softened to room temp.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup sweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer or Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temp.
- Whipped Cream (homemade or store bought)
- Hersheys Candy Cane Bar, Melted
- Grease a 9 inch springform pan, set aside. Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl combine Oreos and melted butter. Press into bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan. Place in fridge while you make the cheesecake.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium to high speed. Add granulated sugar and beat for another 3 minutes the beat in cocoa powder until combined. Add in creamer, sour cream & peppermint extract mixing until fully combined. Add in eggs one at a time. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Pour into prepared pan. Place 9 inch springform pan in a 10 inch cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan and fill roasting pan with hot water half way up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don’t have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. Turn oven off and let cool in oven for 1 hour then take out of roasting pan and wrap with plastic wrap. Let sit in fridge over night.
- The next day take the cheesecake out of the fridge and using a hot clean knife cut slices of cheesecake.
- Drizzle melted Hershey’s Candy Cane Chocolate Bar over cheesecake. Squirt whipped cream in dollops around edge of cheesecake.
- Store in fridge in a sealed container for up to 8 days.
*Total Time includes Chill Time