These thick and fudgy chocolate peppermint brownies are perfect for your Christmas party. This easy brownie recipe is topped with a chocolate ganache and white chocolate peppermint chunks!
- 2oz Water
- 1oz (2 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 250 Grams(1 1/4 cups) Granulated Sugar
- 90 Grams (3/4 cups) Bensdorp Dutch Cocoa Powder
- 3oz (scant 1/3 cup) Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg Yolk and 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 60 Grams (scant 1/2 cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 4oz Peppermint Baking Chunks Chocolate or White Chocolate Chunks
- 3oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate, finely chopped
- 1.5oz Heavy Cream
- 10-15 pieces Ghiradhelli Peppermint Baking Chunks or chopped white chocolate and crushed candy canes
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a 9X9 or 8X8 square pan with foil and grease heavily.
- In a large pot add the water, butter, sugar and cocoa powder. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it is all combined together, the mixture will look weird and not liquidy enough, that is fine. Then add the oil and vanilla extract. Cook on low an additional minute and mix to combine everything.
- Take off of heat, let sit for 5 minutes then add the egg and egg yolk. Whisk to combine.
- Add the baking soda, salt, cornstarch and mix to combine. Gently add the flour by using a spatula to fold in until just combined, just before there are no flour streaks add your peppermint baking chunks. Do not over mix, this will affect the end product.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 25-35 minutes. Everyone’s oven is different, for me, the brownies always bake within 29-31 minutes, but I would start checking at 25 minutes for your oven. Don’t overbake the brownies. You want a toothpick in the center to come out with moist crumbs, not completely dry. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Warm the heavy cream either in a microwave or in a pot on the stove over medium heat, making sure not to boil the cream just warm it. In a heat-proof bowl add the chopped chocolate and pour the warm cream on top, let this sit for 5 minutes then use a whisk to mix together until it is homogenous and glossy.
- Spread on top of cooled brownies and sprinkle with peppermint baking chunks or white chocolate and crushed candy canes. Set in fridge for at least 30 minutes before attempting to cut, store in the fridge.
Keywords: peppermint chocolate dessert, peppermint brownies, christmas brownies