Creamy Oreo Cheesecake topped with Chocolate Ganache, fresh whipped cream and a sprinkling of Oreos you will love this recipe for an Oreo Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache.
- 12oz Oreos, completely crushed into a crumb
- 3 Tablespoon Butter, melted
- 675 Grams (24oz) Cream Cheese, very soft at room temp.
- 220 Grams (1 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 139 Grams (1/2 heaping cup) Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- 77 Grams (1/3 Cup) Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Vanilla Bean Pods (cut in half and the caviar extracted with a knife)
- 3 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 5oz Oreos, crushed with some larger pieces
- 8oz Dark Chocolate Finely Chopped
- 4oz Heavy Cream
- 8.4 ounces (1 Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Milk Powder
- 2oz Oreos, crushed
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan (affiliate link) set aside. Preheat oven to 325F. In a food processor, crush the Oreos till they become a fine crumb. Add melted butter, stirring until fully combined. Press into bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan. Place in fridge while you make the cheesecake.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium to high speed. Add granulated sugar and beat for another 3 minutes. Add heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla extract, vanilla bean caviar mixing until fully combined. Add in eggs one at a time. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Gently fold in crushed Oreos. Pour into prepared pan. Place 9-inch springform pan (affiliate link) in a 10-inch cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan (affiliate link) and fill roasting pan (affiliate link) with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don’t have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 70 to 80 minutes, the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. Turn oven off and let cool in oven for 1 hour then take out of roasting pan (affiliate link) and wrap with plastic wrap. Let sit in the fridge overnight.
- In a medium bowl add chopped chocolate and set aside. In a small saucepan add cream and cook until just boiled. Pour directly over chocolate, let sit for 3 minutes. Then using a whisk, mix the chocolate and cream until a silky texture. Pour over chilled cheesecake then put back in the fridge to set.
- When ready to serve Cheesecake, take your bowl and whisk attachment to the mixer chill it in the freezer for 5 minutes. When ready whisk heavy cream for 1 minute, add a splash of vanilla and milk powder. Whisk until stiff peaks form. Using a pastry bag and any tip you like to pipe the whipped cream around the edges of the cake, I like to pipe mine pretty high. Then crumble crushed Oreos on top. To serve use a hot clean knife cut slices of cheesecake. Store in fridge.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
Keywords: dessert, cheesecake recipe, oreo crust, cookies and cream, birthday cake, cheesecake, chocolate ganche cheesecake, fresh whipped cream