Sweet, soft, and full of orange flavor this orange loaf cake is perfect for an afternoon treat. This loaf cake is made simple and fast then topped with a gorgeous orange glaze.
- 188 Grams (1 1/2 cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 266 Grams (1 1/3 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 6oz (3/4 Cup) Unsalted Butter, at room temp.
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 3 Tablespoon Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 heaping Tablespoon Orange Zest
- 2oz (1/4 cup) Buttermilk
- 2oz (1/4 cup) Sour Cream
- 188 Grams (1 1/2 cup) powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Orange Zest
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and grease a 9X5 loaf pan .
- In a bowl of an electric mixer combine sugar and butter for 3-4 minutes, so it’s nice and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time, waiting until each is fully combined.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix in orange zest and juice, sour cream, and buttermilk. Alternate by folding in the dry ingredients then wet to the butter mixture.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before starting glaze.
- While the cake is cooling prepare orange glaze. In a bowl combine powdered sugar, orange juice, and orange zest. Drizzle on top of the cake when it is completely cool. Store cake in an airtight container, store in the fridge to last longer.
Keywords: orange cake, orange bread, orange loaf