You will love this Orange Chocolate Frangipane Tart! The sweet shortcrust pastry is filled with a layer of chocolate, topped with an orange frangipane, and toasted almonds. This frangipane tart is anything but ordinary. Perfect for a special dinner!
- 1 Recipe Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
- 4oz (1/2 Cup/1 Stick) Butter, at room temperature
- 100 grams (1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar/ Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 125 Grams (1 1/3 Cups) Almond Flour
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Zest, roughly 2 Medium Oranges
- 2oz Fresh Orange Juice, roughly 1 Medium Orange
- 100 Grams (1/2 Cup) Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 50 Grams (1/2 Cup) Sliced Almonds
- Prepare sweet shortcrust pastry up until baking. Cover with foil and fill with pie weights to blind bake it halfway. Bake at375F/191C for 20 minutes.
- While crust is baking in a large bowl with a handheld mixer or a bowl of a stand mixer add the softened butter and granulated sugar. Beat on high until very light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well in between add the vanilla extract and almond extract. Gently fold in the almond flour and all-purpose flour, mixing until just combined. Add the fresh orange juice and orange zest and mix until just combined.
- When the shortbread crust has baked for 20 minutes take it out of the oven and gently remove foil and pie weights. Add the chocolate chunks, place it back in the oven for the chocolate to melt for 1 to 2 minutes. Take the tart out of the oven and use an offset spatula to gently spread the chocolate into an even layer. Gently and evenly pour the frangipane feeling on top of the melted chocolate and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Bake for another 24 to 28 minutes, or until golden brown. Let the tart cool on a wire rack for at least 45 minutes for taking out the tin. Serve with fresh whipped cream or ice cream and save leftovers in an airtight container.
Keywords: frangipane tart, orange chocolate tart, almond chocolate tart