Mini Banana Muffins swirled with a generous dollop of Nutella, these are the best breakfast/snack you will have all week! Nutella Banana Muffins are the perfect addition to your brunch table!
We’re finally getting some weather here in Orange County! It’s such a rare occurrence. But the rain has really shown up today. What a treat to be off on a Sunday and enjoy the rain, enjoy being forced to not do much. We’ve received flash flood warnings so I did a quick trip to Marshall’s then back home.
A few years ago a new Marshall’s opened up near me, about 7 minutes from my house. Let me tell you my family must be there best customers, we are always there. Such great finds. It’s in the same shopping center as the bank so whenever I need to go to the bank chances are I will be stopping at Marshall’s. Whether its new shoes, a birthday card, a new baking pan, a new pillow, Marshall’s has it all. Oh, and not to mention the food aisles, chocolate, and cookies. Oh, my! Not to mention it’s a great place to run into friends LOL.
Anyways enough about my Marshall’s addiction. On to the next addiction Nutella. I was never really one on the Nutella bandwagon until recently.
As Lydia, my sister, says I ruin everything with Nutella now. Except these she said. And the pumpkin Nutella muffins I make.
Apparently, muffins are allowed to have Nutella where a Cheesecake is not. She is mental, Nutella Cheesecake is where it’s at.
But these muffins, oh they went quickly. But I did have a fabulous idea to throw a bunch in a Ziploc bag and freeze them. So, now I can warm one up at a time whenever I desire, like today. But it’s been about 4 so far today…
Please let me know if you make these Nutella Banana Muffins by leaving a review below!Print
Mini Banana Muffins swirled with a generous dollop of Nutella, these are the best breakfast/snack you will have all week!
- 4oz Unsalted Butter, browned
- 100 Grams Light Brown Sugar
- 100 Grams Granulated Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 180 Grams All Purpose Flour
- 3 Large Bananas, smashed
- 6oz Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 3/4 Cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a mini muffin tin. In a heavy bottomed pan place the butter and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly to cook the butter to make it browned butter. Watch carefully as the butter can burn easily. You want it to have light brown flecks with a nutty aroma.
- In a large bowl add the browned butter and sugars, mixing until fully combined. Whisk in the two eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the baking soda, powder, salt, and flour to the wet ingredients folding until just combined. Add in the mashed bananas and sour cream again until just combined.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full then spoon about a 1/2 teaspoon- 1 teaspoon of Nutella on top of each muffin, using a toothpick gently swirl the Nutella into the batter. I like to keep nice thick chunks of Nutella so I don’t swirl too much.
- Bake at 350F for 12-16 minutes, until the muffins bounce back when you touch the top or a toothpick inserted comes out with no wet crumbs. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Freeze for up to three months and then microwave for 30 seconds when you want one!
Keywords: breakfast, nutella, banana muffins, banana bread, quick bread, brunch, banana nutella, snack, dessert