Not your Average Brownies Recipe are filled with a thick layer of caramel in between. Similar to Dorothy Lane Brownies, you will love this recipe!
Please let me know if you make not your average brownies by leaving a review below!
Gorgeous thick brownies filled with a luscious layer of caramel.
- 1 Box of Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1/3 Cup plus 1/2 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 Cup Butter Melted
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans (Optional)
- 30 Unwrapped Caramels
- 1 Bag of Chocolate Chips
- Powdered Sugar for dusting on top of Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8X8 pan with foil and grease it.
- In a large bowl mix together the cake mix, 1/3 cup of evaporated milk, melted butter and the pecans. It will be nice and thick.
- Divide the dough in half and spread half into the bottom of your baking pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- While the brownie base is baking in a medium saucepan over medium heat mix together the unwrapped caramels and the rest of the evaporated milk. Mix until nice and smooth, be careful not to burn.
- On a piece of wax paper take the rest of the brownie batter and form into the same size as the baking pan to lay on top.
- Once the brownie base has cooked for 8-10 minutes take it out and pour the melted caramel over it and then pour the chocolate chips on top and finish with the brownie layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let it cool to room temperature, dust with powdered sugar and then let set in the fridge for a few hours. Enjoy 🙂
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks Food From My Frontier, Knock you Naked Brownies
Keywords: caramel brownies, caramel filled desserts, pecan brownie recipe