I leave for Australia in a few weeks, we are off to Sydney then to the Whitsunday’s/ Great Barrier Reef then back to Sydney then to Hunter Valley and then back to Sydney then back home. I cannot wait, I am in dire need of a holiday.
I am also in dire need of a new carry on, I found one that I love but the wheels are not 360 and having 360 wheels makes all the difference, in my mind anyways. So I am looking again.
I also like totally need a new wardrobe to take. You cannot go on holibobs and not have new clothes, that is like so totally wrong!
Lucky for me Nordstroms is having triple points next week so I am going shopping baby. I really want some new Nike walking shoes, preferably black and white. I also think I am going to get the Ipad Air- I have been wanting one but always convince myself I don’t need it… But now I think I do need it
What are your travel essentials??
A few weeks ago I made my first ever Creme Brûlée, White Chocolate Creme Brûlée to be exact. And my life was changed forever. Seriously SOOOOOOO easy but such a show stopper!! I quickly became obsessed and to mention I was finally using my kitchen torch (affiliate link) I had sitting in the cupboard for 3 years. Yes, I know it’s embarrassing.
Please let me know if you make this Lemon Creme Brulee by leaving a review below!Print
Lemon Creme Brûlée is perfect for springtime, make this easy dessert ahead of time and wow your guests as you serve it up in minutes!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Zest of one large lemon
- Juice of one large lemon
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- Blow Torch
- Preheat oven to 325F and get a large roasting pan (affiliate link) and 6 ramekins out and ready to use.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat mix the heavy cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon extract and vanilla extract.. Let cook until boiling, then remove from heat and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine sugar and egg yolks. Beat on high until they start to turn a paler yellow color. Then, slowly add the cream in small increments continually stirring. Once fully incorporated pour cream evenly into ramekins. Place ramekins in a large roasting pan (affiliate link) and then fill the pan with water until about halfway up the ramekins. Bake for 40-50 minutes, you want the middle to be set but still have a little give, not super giggly. Take the ramekins out of the water bath and let cool for 20 minutes then refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 4 days.
- Right before serving sprinkle 2 tsp of the sugar on top of each creme brûlée and using a kitchen torch (affiliate link) burn the sugar.
* I often make Creme Brulee the day before I want to serve it, then right before serving I just take the ramekin out of the fridge sprinkle on some sugar and torch it.
Keywords: make ahead dessert recipe, french lemon dessert