Loads of fresh lemon juice and zest make this Lemon Cheesecake irresistible. Finished with a raspberry drizzle you will love this Lemon Cheesecake dessert. The perfect make-ahead dessert recipe and a fabulous birthday cake!
- 1 12 oz package Golden Oreos, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 lbs cream cheese, completely softened to room temp.
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 5 large eggs, at room temp.
- 2 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan set aside. Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl combine Oreos and melted butter. Press into bottom and slightly up upsides of prepared pan. Place in fridge while you make the cheesecake.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium to high speed. Add granulated sugar and beat for another 3 minutes. Add heavy cream, sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest and lemon extract- mixing until fully combined. Add in eggs one at a time. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps. Pour into prepared pan. Place 9-inch springform pan in a 10-inch cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan and fill roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don’t have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes, the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. Turn oven off and let cool in oven for 1 hour then take out of roasting pan and wrap with plastic wrap. Let sit in the fridge overnight.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat cook raspberries and granulated sugar. In a small bowl mix lemon juice and cornstarch together then pour into saucepan. Mix everything together and using a masher help break raspberries up, after 5 minutes of cooking take off of heat and pour into a food processor. Process raspberries until liquid. Strain sauce into a clean bowl to chill overnight in the fridge.
- The next day take the cheesecake out of the fridge and using a hot clean knife cut slices of cheesecake, pour a few tablespoons or however much you like on top of each slice of cheesecake.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
Keywords: lemon cheesecake recipe, lemon dessert recipe, lemon cheesecake