If that picture doesn’t scream spring I don’t know what does.
Happy Monday! Lately , I find myself wondering which day is which. So much to do so little time! Well, really there just is not enough time for me to bake, which may be a blessing in disguise. 😉
Not really- baking makes me oh so happy. It’s my stress reliever and tast bud pleaser 😉
I have a love hate relationship with cupcakes. And
last oops I mean three weekends ago when I made these I wanted cupcakes but wanted to be a bit healthier. So I used coconut oil. All these years I have used coconut oil in carrot cake but never in anything else. Don’t ask me why!
I hope you give these Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes a try! They are a springtime scrumptious treat!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temp.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350F and line your cupcake/muffin pan with liners. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine coconut oil and granulated sugar. Mix in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract, lemon extract, lemon zest, lemon juice, buttermilk and yogurt. Mix until just combined.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, corn starch. Fold in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, until no more flour streaks remain. Fold in blueberries and then scoop batter 2/3 full into each cupcake.
- Bake for 13-17 minutes. Mine baked perfect at 15 minutes.
- Once cupcakes have cooled prepare frosting. In the bowl of an electric mixer combine powdered sugar, butter, heavy cream, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Beat for 3 minutes. Frost cupcakes as you like- this time I just spread it on with a knife.
Wish I could eat this last bite!