Learn how to make an ooey gooey chocolate lava cake. Ready to eat in less than 30 minutes, or prepare the cake batter and bake later tonight! The perfect date night, dinner party, or special treat dessert. Chocolate lovers will thank you!
- 3oz Semi-Sweet/ Dark Chocolate (Ideally 60%+), chopped
- 2.5oz (5 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- 63 Grams (1/2 Cup) Powdered/ Icing Sugar
- 42 Grams (1/3 Cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Instant Espresso Powder (optional)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 425F/218C and heavily grease two 8oz ramekins.
- In a large bowl either place over a double broiler or in a microwave melt the chopped chocolate and butter together, just until the chocolate and butter have melted. Then whisk in the espresso powder and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in egg and egg yolks. Then mix in powdered sugar and finally gently fold in the flour.
- Divide between ramekins and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes and check, you want the outer 1/2inch to be baked and look set and the inner part of the cake to be jiggle- be careful not to overbake. When the lava cake is done let it cool for 5 minutes before using a towel to invert the cake on to a serving plate. Top with vanilla ice cream and fresh berries- serve immediately.
* You can make these ahead of time up to 24 hours. Proceed to step 4, then cover the ramekins tightly in plastic wrap and store in the fridge until ready to bake.
Keywords: easy chocolate lava cake, molten chocolate lava cake, chocolate lava cake recipe