Whenever I go on a “road trip” usually Vegas, San Fran, San Diego, Santa Barbra… I ALWAYS buy a box of white cheddar cheese-its. I seriously cannot get enough of them. Then a while back I saw a recipe for homemade cheese crackers on my friend Kayle’s Blog and I knew I had to make them. I have made them about 5 times now, I love them, my sisters love them, my friends do, heck you will love them!
These are SOO easy to make and SOO delicious. I usually use a Sharp English Cheddar or sometimes just whatever I have on hand, and I always sprinkle them with sea salt. I have even sprinkled parmsean on top of them before baking before, I like cheese what can I say?! 😉
In high school I always bought a bag of cheese its and peanut m&m’s that was my snack of choice. And after just eating some chewy ooey gooey blondies with m&ms in them these cheese crackers sound absolutely delighitful!!
Do yourself a favor and make these now, they are too easy and toooooooo freaking delicious you won’t be able to eat just one!!Print
- 1 cup ap flour
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 oz. sharp English Cheddar Cheese, finely grated
- Sea salt for sprinkling on top of crackers
- In a large bowl sifft together flour, salt, and pepper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the butter and cheese together. After a few minutes it will form into a butter cheese ball.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients on low. While the dry ingredients are being incorporated if is is too dry, add a splash of milk to help. Put the dough hook on the mixer or knead for a few minutes or knead by hand. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner.
- Roll out dough on a heavily floured surface. Roll out till 1/8 inch thick and use a cookie cutter/ small lid to cut out crackers.
- Place crackers on silpat liner and press fork into them twice, sprinkle sea salt on and bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe Source: The Cooking Actress