Guinness & Chocolate are a perfect combination, these cookies are the perfect treat for your St. Patricks Party!
- 1 11.2oz bottle of Guinness
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a saucepan over medium heat cook the Guinness and brown sugar together for 15-20 minutes. The mixture will reduce to 1/3 cup. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat butter for 2 minutes, add sugars and beat for another 4 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla mix for 2-3 minutes until fully incorporated. Mix in Guinness mixture.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, until just combined. Fold in chocolate and let chill for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Preheat to 350F and line a baking sheet with Silpat (affiliate link) liner, if using. Using a medium cookie scoop (affiliate link) pace a heaping scoop (2 tbsp) of dough on the sheet and place more chocolate on top of each dough for looks if you want. Bake for 9 minutes, the dough will be just set but take out of the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
*Total Time includes Chill Time
Keywords: boozy baking, boozy cookies, guinness chocolate, guinness cookies, double chocolate cookies