So St. Paddy’s is coming up so it was only right I bake with some Guinness, right? Ok let’s be honest I don’t need an excuse to bake with booze! Working at a British pub I don’t shy away from booze in baking 😉 These Guinness Chocolate Brownies with Baileys Cream Cheese Frosting are spectacular but don’t be scared the stout flavor is not over powering. The Bailey’s frosting is another story! 🙂
I really love what Guinness does to baked goods. It really, like REALLY, enhances the chocolate flavor. Takes the chocolate flavor to a whole new level. These brownies were on the top level rich, decadent and UBERLY chocolate. (is uberly a word? it just sounded right to me)
If you are not a chocoholic these brownies are not for you. Try some Creamy Lemon Cake Bars.
If you are a chocoholic then make these!
Please let me know if you make these Guinness Chocolate Brownies with a Baileys Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe by leaving a review below!Print
Rich, Chocolate Brownies made with Guinness Stout are topped with a Bailey’s infused Cream Cheese Frosting. The perfect Irish treat to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day or a lovely boozy treat for your next party!
- 1 stick of butter salted
- 1/2 heaping cup of Choc chips
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Guinness ( I simmered about 3/4 cup until it reduced so the flavor was more intense)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 scant cup ap flour
- 3 oz cream cheese, at room temp.
- 1/2 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups powdered sugar
- Melt butter and Choc chips together over double broiler once combined whisk in cocoa powder let sit for a few minutes
- Then whisk in Guinness.
- Mix in sugar, eggs one at a time and vanilla fold in flour
- Bake at 350F for 35 minutes in a 9X9 pan greased well. Bake until toothpick comes out clean let cool completely before frosting
- Beat 3 oz cream cheese for 2 minutes add 1/4 cup Baileys and 2-3 cups powdered sugar beat for 3-4 minutes until completely combined and fluffy. Make sure to scrape down sides. Spread on top of brownies.
Keywords: guinness, baileys, boozy baking, beer brownies, irish cream frosting, frosted brownies, brownie recipe, dessert bar recipe