Basically I was craving cookies. And I threw together what I had in the cupboard. Then I proceeded to stuff my face. Let’s be honest here you can never have too many cookies. Make these. Enjoy these. You’re welcome 🙂
I apologize for the picture quality. You see these cookies disappeared too quickly, all I got was a picture of a plate of the cookies I sent to work.
- 2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, at room temp.
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 TBSP + 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 Cups AP Flour
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 3/4 Cup Scharffen Berger Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 11oz Bag Milk Chocolate chips
- 1 Cup Heath Toffee Bits
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Pour in eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Slowly add in dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Let dough sit in the fridge for 30 minutes (This prevents the cookies from spreading too much).
- While dough is setting preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner.
- Scoop tablespoon size cookies onto prepared sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack.
Chocolate Cookie base adopted from Picky Palate