Double Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Cookies are a chocolatey chewy cookie filled with a chewy caramel! These are the perfect extra special party for your next bake sale or party!
So I am sitting here about to write this post- putting the photographs in, writing the recipe, watching eat pray love, relaxing and I hear something, but I take no notice. Then it sounds weird. So I look around only to see a huge moth the size of a hummingbird flying around in the living room, mind you its 11pm right now. I freaked out, obviously. And made my sisters kill it and dispose of it!
Phew now that’s over with- these cookies- amazing! So delicious! When I came across this recipe I was intrigued with no eggs in the cookie batter. I made some cookies without the caramel and some with. Both delicious but I do enjoy the nice hunk of caramel in the center!
These cookies are part of the Chocolate Party hosted by Roxanas Home Baking. I joined the party in February and I have loved each month. This month was great because buttermilk was the ingredient to be used with chocolate. I haven’t baked alot with buttermilk so it was a great reason to use it! I even used it for lemon blueberry cupcakes the next day! Recipe coming soon! Be sure to check out Roxana’s Chocolate Buttermilk Bread and see all of the other bloggers involved in the chocolate party!
These cookies are SO chocolatey I love it! And if you are not a chocolate lover, we can’t be friends! Only joking but seriously how can one not love chocolate? If you are one of those non chocolate lover people you might enjoy lemon crinkle cookies or homemade rainbow chip cupcakes.
Please let me know if you make this recipe for Double Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Cookies!Print
Double Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Cookies are a chocolatey chewy cookie filled with a chewy caramel! These are the perfect extra special party for your next bake sale or party! #chocolateparty
- 250 Grams (2 Cups) All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 4oz (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 400 Grams (2 Cups) Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5oz (2/3 Cup) Buttermilk
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 unwrapped caramels
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line baking sheet with silpat liner or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the butter and cocoa powder, whisk until fully incorporated. Mix in sugar, vanilla extract and buttermilk. Slowly fold in the flour mixture until fully incorporated, no flour streaks are left. Then fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2 -3 tbsp of dough and press it out flat, place caramel in the center and pinch dough together to fully cover the caramel. Place on prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack.
Keywords: chewy chocolate cookies, caramel chocolate cookies
Recipe Slightly adapted from Baking Bites