Cookie Butter Oat Butterscotch Cookies are filled with chewy oats, tasty cookie butter and delicious butterscotch chips you won’t be able to put them down! Made with only ingredients that are most likely in your pantry/ fridge already!
Butterscotch is one of those flavors I like but don’t love. I get my fill of it every couple months. When I am in the mood for it, I NEED IT! Cookie butter on the other hand, I love. I can’t get enough of the stuff. Trader Joe’s looks at me like I am nuts. Oh well, they don’t get to experience all the fabulous cookie butter things I do. Cookie Butter Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of my most popular recipes and for a reason. The chocolate chunks, the cookie butter and sea salt all lend to a fabulous cookie. Chewy with gooey cookie butter stuffed in the middle and the sea salt, it’s so unexpected but it compliments the flavors so well.
In these cookies I did not stuff the cookies with cookie butter, instead, I mixed the butter into the wet base of the cookies. Creamed my butter and sugars, added the cookie butter then added my eggs and vanilla. The cookie butter is not overpowering but gives another dimension to the cookie, the flavor lingers in each bite.
One things for sure these cookies did not linger around, they were quickly gone. May I suggest one thing, take one of these cookies hot from the oven place it inside a bowl and scoop a large scoop of Ben & Jerry’s Late Night Snack on top. Wowzers best flavor combo there. I couldn’t get enough, I may have done that a few times 😉
Please let me know if you make these Cookie Butter Oat Butterscotch Cookies recipe by leaving a review below!Print
Cookie Butter Oat Butterscotch Cookies are filled with chewy oats, tasty cookie butter and delicious butterscotch chips you wont be able to put them down!
- 4oz (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter, at room temp.
- 150 Grams (3/4 cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 50 Grams (1/4 cup) Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup cookie butter
- 1 Large Egg, at room temp.
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 100 Grams (1 cup) Old Fashioned Oats
- 50 Grams (1/2 cup) Quick Cooking Oats
- 125 Grams (1 Cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup and a few more butterscotch chips
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat butter and sugars for 4 minutes on medium speed. Beat in cookie butter until fully incorporated. Add egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl mix together oats, flour, baking soda, and salt. Pour into wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in butterscotch chips. Wrap and chill for 1 1/2 hours or up to 3 days or freeze.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with a Silpat liner. Place 2 tbsp mounds of dough on sheet evenly spread apart. Bake for 8-11 minutes. Until golden brown and set. Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Keywords: cookie butter recipes, oatmeal butterscotch cookies,
Who wants more cookies?!