Chocolate Covered Strawberries Stuffed with Cheesecake
- Fresh strawberries (the bigger the better)
- Milk or Dark Chocolate ( chips are fine or go for a nicer chocolate finely chopped)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
- Wash strawberries and dry completely
- When cutting the stems off the berries I used a knife and went down and around creating sort of an upside down cone out of the strawberry, creating room for the cheesecake filling
- Set aside a cookie sheet and top it with wax paper
- Melt the chocolate over a double broiler be careful to watch it constantly so the chocolate doesn’t over cook, if it goes just a bit too far then it will harden and there is NO going back! For example, if using chips I let them melt almost all the way ( as they begin to lose their chip shape) then I take the bowl off of the double broiler and mix it until completely smooth.
- Dip the strawberries and lay them on the wax paper to harden
- Put cream cheese into a bowl of an electric mixer and whip until light and fluffy. The cream cheese MUST be at room temperature or it will contain tons of little bumps.
- Add the sugar and vanilla.
- Use a pastry bag to pipe the cheesecake batter into the strawberries. It’s best to add the cheesecake to the strawberries right before serving.
Note: You could always dip the top the cheesecake into graham cracker crumbs, I didn’t as I was out of graham crackers but next time I will