Delicious white chocolate chip cookies are made with pantry staples. Perfect for a bake sale, Christmas cookie plate, or a midnight snack! This cookie dough requires no chilling time so you can be enjoying some cookies in no time!
A friend recently requested white chocolate chip cookies for a special day. I didn’t do the classic with macadamia nuts, I just kept it to white chocolate chips. I urge you to use a good quality chip, I actually don’t use chips I use white chocolate callets. They are not filled with crap like many other chocolate chips.
These cookies are chewy, soft, and downright amazing. Everything a cookie should be, but often is not.
Let’s get to the recipe.
What are the ingredients for white chocolate chip cookies?
- Unsalted butter, at room temp.
- Granulated sugar
- Light Brown Sugar
- Large Eggs
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- White Chocolate Chips, I use White chocolate callets
How do you make white chocolate chip cookies?
Like most recipes let’s start with preheating our oven to 350F/180C. You could line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or not line the sheet at all, but I find that the best cookies are baked on a silpat liner.
In a medium sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
You can prepare the butter-sugar mixture in a bowl with a wooden spoon and some elbow grease, or a large bowl with a handheld mixer or my preferred choice In the bowl of an electric mixer.
Whichever method you use combine butter and sugars for 2-3 minutes, you want the mixture very light and fluffy.
Stir in vanilla and one of the eggs. Mix for another minute then add the final egg, mixing again for another minute. You want the mixture fully combined, light and fluffy.
Gently fold in the dry ingredients.
Gently stir in the white chocolate chips.
Scoop 1.5 Tablespoon size cookies on to the sheet, I use a medium cookie scoop to help ensure more even size cookies.
Bake for 11-13 minutes, you want the cookies to be lightly golden brown and to look just set. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. While the cookies are cooling they will continue to cook so make sure you take them out when they are lightly brown.
Can you make white chocolate chip cookies ahead of time?
Totally. When prepping cookie dough ahead of time I prefer to scoop it into balls so then I can bake off as many or as I want.
Keep cookie dough in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or store it in the fridge.
Can you bake frozen white chocolate chip cookie dough?
Yes!If baking from frozen just add a minute or two to the bake time.
How long do white chocolate chip cookies last?
These cookies will last up to 5 days stored in an air-tight container.
Fancy some more cookies? Because I always do!
Please let me know if you make this White Chocolate Cookies recipe by leaving a rating and review below!Print
Delicious thick white chocolate cookies are made with pantry staples.
- 8oz (2 sticks/1 Cup) Unsalted butter, at room temp.
- 200 Grams (1 Cup) Granulated sugar
- 200 Grams (1 Cup) Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch/ Cornflour
- 1 1/2 Cups White Chocolate Chips ( I use white chocolate callets )
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and if using, line your baking sheet with a silpat liner.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine butter and sugars. Mix on medium for around 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla and the first egg, making sure to mix until fully combined. Then add the final egg, again mixing until fully combined.
- Gently fold in dry ingredients then stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1.5 tbsp size cookies, place them two inches apart on to the prepared baking sheet. Bake the cookies for 11-13 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Let the cookies cool on the sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store at room temperature in an air-tight container.
Keywords: chewy white chocolate cookies, white chocolate desserts
The recipes and photos have been updated, the original post was published on December 10, 2012.