So I’ve had a craving for apple crisp for almost 6 weeks now. You’d think I would have gotten round to making it. But life has been BUSY!!! Well in between the madness, it really was yesterday ( I worked 7am-3pm and 4:30pm-10:30pm) and made this in between that short little break.
Now, I do realize apple baking isn’t really in “season” but for me apple baking is all year long! Cooked apples are one of my all time favorite desserts, whether they are baked in a cake, topped with a crumble, inside a pie, on their own, inside a cookie.. you name it I like it!
While my nan has been here she laughs at me, a normal person would take that hour and a half break and relax. But me? No I bake. And create a mess to clean up, and stress myself out most of the time cuz I really don’t have the time to bake, clean, photograph OH and write the recipe down.
Luckily this recipe is DEAD easy! I had salted caramel in the fridge so I used salted but feel free to use good ol’ caramel. Melt some of the wrapped caramels with a little cream or use store bought ice cream caramel topping. Anyway you play it this will be amazing.
Please let me know if you try this Caramel Apple Crisp recipe by leaving a review below!Print
All it takes is 5 minutes and 6 ingredients, seven if you count ice cream, to throw this gorgeous caramel apple crisp together.
- 4 small-medium sized Granny Smith apples
- 3/4 cup caramel, homemade or storebought
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 brown sugar
- 3/4 butter, at room temp
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9X9 square baking dish with non stick spray.
- Peel your apples and slice thin-medium sized slices. Place apples directly inside the pan. Drizzle 3/4 cup caramel on top and mix together so all apples are coated.
- In a medium bowl mix together oats, flour, sugar and butter. Sprinkle evenly on top of apples. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until golden brown top.
If you don’t want to make Salted Caramel store bought caramel will work fine. Or melt wrapped caramels with some heavy cream.
Keywords: caramel apple recipe, oat crisp crumble recipe