How to make perfect Scottish Shortbread, only 4 ingredients this is one of the easiest dessert recipes around. Easy to double or triple so a perfect dessert for a crowd. Brown Butter Shortbread is perfect for a party or cuddled up with tea!
- 12oz All-Purpose Flour
- 8oz Cold Browned Butter(previously browned and chilled)
- 4.5oz Granulated Sugar + more for top
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and get a 9X13 pan out- no need to grease it.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment or a regular medium sized bowl add the flour, butter, sugar, and salt. Mix on low/medium speed until the butter is mixed in and pea-size pieces.
- Transfer dough to pan and press down evenly. Use a rolling pin or glass to roll the shortbread dough to ensure its tightly in the pan. Using a butter knife score the shortbread into whichever size pieces you want. Scoring up and down and across. Prick all over with a fork.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown on edges. Once baked cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Sprinkle sugar on top and shake pan side to side to distribute evenly. Cut on the previously scored marks and store in an airtight container. Last for up to a week.
- Double Recipe for Jelly Roll Pan (12X8X1)- bake for 20ish minutes/until golden brown on edges
- Triple Recipe for USA Baking Sheet(18X13X1)- bake for 25ish minutes/until golden brown on edges
Keywords: english dessert recipes, Scottish shortbread