As of late I have had this weird obsession with Banana Bread. I mean who doesn’t love a dense, banana, moist slice of heaven? Then slather some butttah on it baby and I’m ready to go! 🙂 Well the other day I controlled my obsession and made banana cookies. I know, I know still bananas but I did change it up a bit!
I had no idea what to expect with these cookies. I have never made “cookies” with a banana before. These cookies turned out light and fluffy. If you are looking for a typical super sweet cookie like a chocolate chip cookies these are not for you.
The cookies reminded me of a “muffle”, they would be the perfect addition to a brunch menu.
Hope you enjoy 🙂
Please let me know if you make this recipe for Banana Nutella Cookies by leaving a review below!Print
Light and fluffy these Banana Nutella Muffle Cookies are the perfect addition to your brunch spread!
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 3/4 Cup Shortening
- 2 Large Rip Bananas
- 1 Egg
- 1 3/4 Cup Oats
- 1/4 Cup Nutella
- Pre heat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner.
- In a large bowl sift flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in shortening (A pastry blender works best but two knives work too).
- Beat in mashed banana and egg. Mix in oats.
- Use a knife and slice in the Nutella.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough on to the lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Keywords: nutella banana recipes, breakfast banana cookies
Recipe from: Chef In Training