I debated on sharing this recipe. When I first tried them I questioned whether or not I liked them. But I kept eating them. And kept eating.
The more I ate these bars the more I liked them. They stayed fresh for days. And they had cream cheese frosting slathered all over them. Cream cheese frosting makes EVERYTHING better, well at least that’s my motto.
These are moist, fluffy, and they make a HUGE batch! You will LOVE them. EnjoyPrint
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups ripe bananas (3 or 4 bananas), mashed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 8oz block cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extra
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 10X15 inch jelly roll pan with non stick cooking spray. Take the cream cheese out of the fridge and set it on the counter to come to room temperature.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the sugar, sour cream, butter and eggs.
- Blend in the bananas and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and salt until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Spread into prepared baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Use the toothpick test.
- Once bars have cooled make frosting.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add in the heavy cream, vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Mix on low at first and when the powdered sugar is incorporated beat on high for 3 minutes.
- Spread on top of bars. Enjoy 🙂
Bar Recipe: Life as a Lofthouse
Frosting: Confessions of a Baking Queen